Friday 19 October 2012

Wild Pear Part 4: Wild Pear Brownies

After a facebook recommendation for a chocolate-based recipe, here is what I made (the original recipe used large pears):

Wild Pear Part 4: Wild Pear Brownies

Ingredients:
  • 500g wild pears, peeled, cored and chopped into pieces
  • 175g unsalted butter, cubed
  • 300g soft light brown sugar
  • Heaped tablespoon of dark cocoa (I used Bournville)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla paste (yes, I love this stuff!)
  • 100g self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 175g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
  • 3 eggs, beaten
Method:
  • Preheat oven to 180C
  • Gently heat sugar, butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water 
  • Stir until mixture melts and blends together
  • Add remaining ingredients and mix
  • Pour into a greased and lined baking tray (I used mini loaf tins)
  • Bake for 30 mins (do not open the oven door or the brownies will sink!)
Wild Pear Brownies
They didn't last long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions about foraging or about any of the recipes. I enjoy a challenge so I'm also happy to try out new recipes by recommendation. Thanks xx