Friday 19 October 2012

Wild Pear Part 2: Wild Pear Jelly Fruits

I used "Pam the Jam"'s alternative to Pear Cheese to make what she calls fruit pastilles. I was expecting a sort of hard sweet, like cough candies, but these turned out like fruit jellies. I was not disappointed by this outcome - I love fruit jellies - but when I make them again I'll use a deeper baking tray and cut out shapes. I think they would make nice seasonal gifts.

Wild Pear Jelly Fruits

Ingredients:
  • Pear Cheese Mixture (see Part 1)
  • Caster Sugar
Method:
  • Line a shallow baking tray with greaseproof paper
  • Pour mixture into tray and smooth out
  • Cover with greaseproof paper and leave to set for 3 days
  • Cut into small shapes
  • Coat shapes in caster sugar
Coating shapes in caster sugar
Finished sweets
Next: Part 3: Wild Pears, Poached


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions about foraging or about any of the recipes. I enjoy a challenge so I'm also happy to try out new recipes by recommendation. Thanks xx